Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Dyeing, knitting, running out of wool ....

I've been having quite a creative few days really! I've been dyeing my wool ... this one's called "princess pastels" dyed with food colouring ....


and this one's "seasockwool", dyed with food colouring. Will probably fulfil its destiny and become my first pair of knitted socks.

I finished the small soaker in the wool that I had lying around ... don't know now if I can be bothered embroidering the back!

I ran out of wool on a large soaker I've been knitting to go over my bub's giant night nappies .... the wool was $2 a ball on sale, and I dont know if there'll be any more when I go back! I suppose I can always just rip it out and start again on something else.

2 comments:

Nikki and Hannah said...

No wayyyy... just start with a different coloured wool. It'll have "country charm" ;) Han has a vest that is knitted with odd assortments of wool... it's super cool. Just pretend you meant to do it!

P.S. Photo of gross shirt is now on blog for your viewing pleasure ;)

Libby said...

Love your dying efforts ! will keep checking to see how your socks look knitted up!
BTW I'm a tangy/piquant knitter on a good day but I'm mellow knitter a lot of the time too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...