Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Frustration.

It used to be that I loved fabric shops. If i was having some child-free 'me time', I'd even choose to go to them over having a sleep, and that's saying something! I'd wander the aisles, stroking the fabric, loving the colours and prints, my brain going a million miles an hour imagining all the creations I could make.

But lately, I haven't had quite the same energy about fabric shopping.

It's not that I don't want to create. Or that the lovely patterns and textures don't still call my name.

The problem is, there's too many things that I want to make. Too many things that I've been planning for awhile and still haven't gotten around to doing. Too much fabric that I bought for a particular project, washed, dried, and put in the cupboard. Too many patterns that I want to try. Too many things for Christmas, or birthdays, or just because. Too many ideas running around in my brain, taking up space until they get made.

I'm just a bit exhausted by it all. I don't know where or what to start.
Yet I still want to create. It's very frustrating.

So I haven't been fabric shopping lately. Which, though has been good for the bank balance, has been, as I said before, just plain frustrating.

And don't even get me started on knitting.

Speaking of which, I did start a new knitting wip for my girl's birthday in August. I refuse to feel guilty that it's not finished yet, and am chugging away on it as the mood and late-night-tv takes me.




Hope all of you are much less creatively frustrated than I'm feeling today :)

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

OMG I hear you! I feel the same way about knitting and crochet at the moment. Hopefully my de-stash will help me feel a little less overwhelmed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...