Saturday, September 25, 2010

If a picture is worth a thousand words... Then what do a thousand pictures equal?

A big catch-up post!!

So. Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...

I have been sewing a fair bit with knit fabrics lately, thanks to my trusty overlocker and to the purchase of some yummy merino fabric from New Zealand.
Now, just to clarify, I think I bought the fabric in July? And it's now September. I bought it for this winter.
Sigh.
Part of what it was bought for was to make some cycling jerseys for my husband instead of paying $70-120AU each.
Sorry about the crappy just-out-of-the-washing-basket photos, but here are some of the creations.




Firstly, baby blue and chocolate brown. I really like the neckline on this one...



Apart from the slight catch at the front.


Secondly, black and red.



They really do look better on than hanging!

And a shirt for me, not from
Merino but from random purple stash knit. This shirt is not long enough. So will probably not get worn alot, I can't cope with shirts that ride up!



I love that the differential feed on my overlocker copes so well with sewing the knit fabrics, and I can even say I'm not so scared of necklines anymore, but I just hate hemming on my sewing machine when I can't get the finish I want.
Coverstitch machine anyone? ;)

And also a garden update for you all.
Spring has sprung in a big way, and I'm loving the gifts it has brought with it.
My lavender, which did not flower at all last year, has given us some beautiful blooms after being repotted.




My lettuce and spinach (one of 4 plants) are going well...








And the strawberry leaves are bigger every day. Now, some fruit please!




And the broadbeans. It feels like they've been there forever, with no beans, and I was even considering ripping some of them out, until I saw ...



Wahoo!! Bring it on, we've got heaps of plants so hopefully heaps of beans to come.




And also for summer salads, some rocket (one of 4-5 plants) for your perusal ...



Snowpeas (these are in the last weeks I think, we've had heaps of snowpeas while hanging out the washing!)...





Beans to climb the fence ...








And tomatoes, both big ...



And small :)




Herbs to go with the salads? Sure!
Thai basil from a cutting?




Normal basil (one of three)?




Or is mint more your preference?




A bit of heat with some chillis too.




Sometimes it's nice to end the meal with a nice homegrown blueberry (if the free plant given to us from the nursery can be nursed back to life!)




And even though I'm not going to eat them, I'm loving the simple beauty in the flowers in my garden too.




There's something so lovely about sunshine, green gardens, and new things coming to life.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...