Sunday, October 3, 2010

The thrill of the new.

I'm not sure what it is about starting a new project ...




But it's a great feeling.

Almost as good as finishing :)




Size 4, Oriental Lily with short sleeves, knitted entirely from stash acrylic. Why acrylic? Because the 4yo in question decided she wanted it to be pink and purple, and I didn't have enough pink and purple wool.
As it is acrylic, I obviously can't block it, and the bottom hem is curling up. Ah well, life goes on. It's kinda cute I think.




And a before bed shot (yes, she did wear it to bed also!) in the bathroom to show the short sleeves. Apologies for the dodgy bathroom lighting.




It's a bit big for her in the bodice, but that's ok, it'll just fit her for a bit longer.

Now, off to keep knitting with my lovely Red Riding Hood Yarns 'Woodcutter' sock wool.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hi there, have you tried pinning and using the steam function on your iron to block it. You don't let the iron touch the yarn, just hover it above. I did my first jacket this way and it seemed to work really well - a lot bulkier than this pretty knit but it might work.

I should be sleeping said...

Hey, thanks for the info :)
I did consider trying to block it with the iron, but I've decided I like the rolled look.
Might need to do it when she gets a bit taller though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...