Monday, October 11, 2010

Yesterdays post

Is happening this morning. I'm ok with it and so should you be :)

So, as you can probably surmise, the mission in the last two nights has been to get Mr2yo to do this:




In here:




Yes, it has pink sheets. He's ok with it.

On Saturday, amidst all the clothes sorting, I took off the side of his cot to make a big boy bed, as he was climbing out and I didn't want him to get hurt. There were suggestions from friends of putting him in a sleeping bag to try and stop the climbing, but I didn't want to do that as we'd have to do the big boy bed thing eventually anyway.
The first night was disaster. Miss4yo and mr2yo are now sharing a room, so he just played and ran around and in the end we put him in another room in a portable cot.
Last night was much better, though still difficult. We started putting him to bed at 7:30pm (later than usual as we'd been at church) and he fell asleep around 9:45pm. She then fell asleep around 10pm. He kept getting out, and we tried the Supernanny technique of putting him back, no talking, no eye contact. For a first night I think we did ok, but we'll see how tonight goes.

The only bit of creativity I can show you is this:




But I'm glad I'm at the halfway point, even if it is still sock #1!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...