Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Presents mostly made...



2x pairs of size 2 pajama shorts, one for my nephew, one for my mr2yo.



A jigsaw bag, also for the same nephew, which holds a wooden puzzle of a truck.




The size 14 Globetrotter socks for my big brother (modeled on my teeny size 7 feet!)



And two rice and lavender heat packs for my SIL and MIL. These have a calico inner bag and then a washable outer bag finished off with snaps.


Yes, the photos are dodgy and shadowy. Yes, I finished at 10:45pm last night and knew, tired as I was, that if I didn't take photos then, that they just wouldn't get taken.

I had big plans for a totally handmade Christmas this year, and if the goal was 100% handmade, or even 80 or 90% handmade, then I haven't made it this year.

There's really only one failure as such though; I had big plans for matching father and (2yo) son bbq aprons, appliqu├ęd with the recipients initials and bound using my new Clover binding maker. But after a fight with said binding maker last night and neither the patience or energy to fiddle and make it work, those aprons (which are all cut out and waiting) might have to wait till Fathers Day.

Apart from these things, I'm also giving the yet to be blocked (eek! Running out of time!) Ishbel shawl, the previously shown cot quilt for my unborn-as-yet niece/nephew, and I will be making some rocky road to add to some other presents.

How are you traveling? 3 present-making days to go...

2 comments:

Rainbow Child said...

oooh gorgeous stuff!!!! the wood cutter yarn looks awsome!

I should be sleeping said...

Glad you like it Hannah - I can't wait for you to see the Zeus-bel all finished and blocking (which will be done tonight).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...