I started taping the pages and pages and pages together to start making the Coffee Date Dress, a free multisized pattern from Burdastyle.
The pattern was sized from 34-42, and I actually sized it up another size to be safe (based on my measurements when referring to Burda's size chart), but it was time wasted as when i tried the dress on while sewing, it was too big in both the bodice and the skirt.
I'm sewing it out of a poly/cotton herringbone knit fabric with a little (but not too much) stretch to it.
This is where I'm up to...
The bodice is together, ruffle is done, bodice is sewn to the skirt, and it's waiting for a zipper (which needs to be bought today, frustrating as I thought I had one that I could use but it's not long enough) and the bottom hem to be sewn.
I'll see how the fit is after the zip is sewn in, but it may need some taking in again.
I'm using the Frock by Friday sewalong at Grosgrain for my instructions- it's been really helpful so far.
I've put myself on a bit of a self-imposed deadline for this dress as I'd really like to take it to Melbourne when my hubby and I (just us! No kids!) go on holiday there in a few days.
Apart from the lack of zipper, I had to down tools and stop sewing last night for another very important reason...
For my husband and I to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. In 7 years we've had 2 children, lived in 6 houses, and drunk a million coffees. I love you honey :)