Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finished objects and the start of something new.

Well the stars aligned enough this week for me to finish not one, but TWO gorgeous Benji hats for my two children. We had two attempts at a photo shoot for them, one pre-dinner and one post dinner (hence the lasagne on their chins in the final photos). Miss4yo has proclaimed hers (which is Child Size) as 'the best thing [I've] ever made for anyone' and mr2yo (whose is Toddler size and is a little tight on his quite large head, but will still do this winter) said 'wow, you knitted it me mummy?'.

 It's important to wear a Barbie Princess dress for photos sometimes ...
 And also to drink water from a Baby Born water bottle ... just cause you can.

I know I'm biased, but they're a little bit cute really!
More details for both projects can be found on my ravelry page if you're interested.

In terms of new beginnings, last night was spent hand-winding 8ply yummy yarn and watching tv. The yarn I was winding will be used in a yet-unannounced new venture I'm working on, and just winding it made me feel like I was really starting to walk down a new path, an exciting and slightly scary but definately a path I'm looking forward to taking.

6 comments:

Taleah said...

Thanks for joining my blog hop! I just love these hats! :)

ottomania said...

Cute hats. Might have to find my knit mojo and make some. Cute kids too :-)

Anne (I should be sleeping) said...

Thanks so much guys :)

Maggie said...

They're adorable! Oh, and the hats look great too! Ha ha.

gluecksfisch said...

Cute kids and cute hats!
I've put the pattern in my queue.

rainy day knitter said...

Those hats are too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...