Monday, February 21, 2011

My surprising but lovely winnings in recent times

There's a post that has needed to be written for about two months now.
This post is ... that post.

I don't know about you, but I really love competitions in internet and blogland. I don't always enter, but when I do, I definately don't expect to win anything.

I'm not sure what was going on in December last year, but for some reason the odds tipped in my favour and I won not one, but TWO giveaways! I was a very very happy and squeal-ey little blogger indeed.

The first competition I won was on the facebook page of Red Riding Hood Yarns. I've posted before about these amazing, one-off, hand-dyed yarns in everything from laceweight to worsted on gorgeous bases. Hannah (the uber-talented dyer herself) ran a KnitAlong (KAL) in November on Ravelry for those knitting projects with her yarns, and my laceweight Zeusbel was picked as one of the lucky winning projects.
The yarn I won was one of the balls shown in the previous post that I hand-wound, but here it is in skein form (along with the yummy chocolates that I won, and the yarn and chocolates won by another knitter).
Mine is 200g of 8ply Luxury yarn in the Fern colourway.
Arent they both amazing, and isn't Hannah talented! Her yarns are selling out really fast on Facebook at the moment, take a look ... I dare you not to be tempted!

The second competition I won was at a gorgeous blog called mumtoddlerbabe. Virginia is actually a good friend of mine in real life but I think even if we weren't friends, I would still be reading her blog. It's full of pretty things, lovely photos, and real life stuff about being a mum and all that goes with that. Virginia ran a giveaway to win some very cool Christmas decorations, the entry was simply a comment on one particular post, and then winners were picked randomly. I won these wall decals - being red, they're right up my alley!
As we werent spending Christmas at home last year, I decided we'd save them to put up in 2011.

I've been thinking about different ways I can give back since being the lucky recipient of both of these giveaways ... if you too are thinking about sharing the love then why not pay it forward with me?

3 comments:

Sue said...

I have been looking at those Red Riding Hood yarns too and the colors look so saturated and lovely! How nice for you to win such gorgeous prizes.

Melissa said...

Congrats on your blogland winnings. The Red Riding Hood yarn looks so yummy and the chocolates too.

Is the Christmas decal reusable, it'll be a pity if they aren't, they look so cute.

Paula said...

Congrats on your win!
I love the bunting too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...