Friday, March 11, 2011

A garden update

Here in Australia we've just come out of a really hot summer, and though the days are sometimes still warm to hot, the reality of autumn arriving and winter coming is starting to become clear.

My garden has seen some HEAT over the summer, and though I'm still not as veggie-future-planning as I'd like to be, I've been trying to plan ahead to still have some produce happening over the next few months.

Our sunflowers have shot up dramatically and are about as tall as my miss4yo
 And some look like they're close to opening.
Our beans are climbing up, up, up ...
All the way to the top!
Our eggplant fingers are producing
And the lettuces and silverbeet are coming along nicely.
The plant of unknown species has been taken from the pot that it was in and put into the ground ... still dont know what it is though! Any ideas?

Our sunflowers and chilli plant near the back door are still growing and making me smile as we walk inside.
And we get the enjoy this splash of colour from over the fence too.
How's your garden growing?

P.S. Thanks to those who expressed concern for my new nephew. His little body fought off some pretty hefty infections, and he is now home acting just as a newborn should.

3 comments:

eyebehold said...

Your mystery plant looks a little like English Ivy (very invasive) and a little like a cucurbit of some kind. Some things to google at least...

clare's craftroom said...

Hi Anne your garden is looking great . Good news about your little nephew , I hope he continues to do well .

Carla said...

Wow, your garden is starting off lovely! I keep meaning to start mine, but school is putting a damper on that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...